Killing 26 Protesters Pushes Yemen to the Brink of War
The incident of Killing 26 protesters in the Yemeni capital, Sana’a, on Sunday afternoon by troops of Yemeni forces pushed protesters to set up new tents at the spot where their fellows were killed, Sana’a down town, which consequently pushed units of pro-revolution forces to settle beside the newly-developed camp to defend them, which caused a state of emergency and alert among both opposing forces.
Eyewitnesses said to Aden Online that forces belong to the First Armored Division that is under the command of the dissident commander, Ali Muhssein Al-Ahmmar, were seen locating in the vicinity of Kentucky traffic circle, which was previously controlled by pro-regime forces those, on the other hand, were seen relocating at the entrances of the areas they are controlling in Sana’a, and other units locating in new places including public buildings and facilities such as the Al-Thoura Hospital and the Institute of Health.
Sources in Sana’a said that the pro-revolution forces took over a camp belongs to the Republican Guards, commanded by Ahmed Ali Abdullah Saleh, the son of the Yemeni President.
Reports coming from Sana’a say that sounds of violent blasts are heard every now and then, and clashes took earlier between the two conflicting forces in Sana’a to take over a prominent bridge down town, while other clashes are heard coming from unknown places.
The Republican Guards shelled violently the house of Sadeq Al-Ahmmar, the tribal leader, while groups of his supporters were seen taking positions on the roofs and the streets near the Ministry of the Interior.
In southern province of Taiz, citizens said that continuous clashes and violent explosions are heard, amid fears of a civil war may broke out in troubling Yemen, while the Yemeni presidents refuses to resign.